Wednesday, December 9, 2009


The photo above is a bar graph of one of my more interesting survey questions. I asked people to identify from a list of names the names of the women that have worked or marked major milestones in history of scientific field. It seemed that my thoughts that the majority of people would only know maybe one or two names from the list but most people knew all of the names. The answers to this question really made me think.

Generally, I feel over all I enjoyed the surveying process. Never having to write a survey before, I found it was a lot of fun. Also as I got responses I found out some interesting takes on my topic. And though that the survey information did not make it into my research essay I felt that it did help me in coming up with some good information and ideas for my paper. I was very interested by one of my questions asking, can you identify the women that have worked or marked major milestones in history of the scientific field? I found that many of the people that took my survey knew many of the little know women scientists such as Maria Goeppert-Mayar. It made me feel that there more people knew about women in science than I had thought at the beginning of my research.

This whole process gave me a new outlook on my topic and gave me some new ways of looking at my information. I really liked this way of collecting information and will definitely take it into consideration in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment