Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Transformation Into The Final Draft

Over the years, I have written many essays and have been told that an essay is never truly finished. My teachers in both high school and college have told me this and I believe they are right. I can always find something that can be changed. Whether it is another grammatical error, a spelling change, or a time when I am getting too wordy, it can all be found over and over again throughout my papers. Though I feel that with having many people read my paper and having myself read and reread it, I have found that my article summary has transformed into what I call its final draft for now.

After submitting my first essay to my blog I awaited comments on it from my classmates to see what others thought of my essay. I got a comment on my essay, it shed some light on some of the things I need to go back through and reread. So I reread my essay and changed what I felt was wrong and then had friends including, my sister and good friend both with English majors and objective eyes to read my paper. They came back with comments for me to revise some grammar errors and wording here and there. I used all of their comments and revised my essay. After rereading my essay one last time I felt I had done all I can do to transform my essay to be a final draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment